Before you get a VA loan, you will need a VA Certificate of Eligibility, which is: Form 26-1880 for VA Loans

If you are a military veteran, we will be happy to help you get one.


How to receive the Certificate of Eligibility

You can request to have the Certificate of Eligibility be sent by either mail or electronically (internet or email).


If you served on active duty in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard and were discharged under conditions other than dishonorable after either then you are eligible for VA home loan benefits.


If you:

You must have completed one of the following:


You are also eligible if you served during WARTIME AND PEACETIME (Eligibility wars & dates from Wartime &/or Peacetime service ).

Wartime and Peacetime, as used in the General Rule for Eligibility, refer to the following periods of time:

Wartime Peacetime
World War II
9/16/40 – 7/25/47
Post-World War II period
7/26/47 – 6/26/50
Korean conflict
6/27/50 – 1/31/55
Post-Korean period
2/1/55 – 8/4/64
Vietnam era
8/5/64* – 5/7/75
Post-Vietnam period
5/8/75 – 8/1/90
Persian Gulf War
8/2/90 – undetermined
* The Vietnam era begins 2/28/61 for individuals who served in the Republic of Vietnam

You may also be ELIGIBLE  if you:



If you are now on active duty, you are eligible after having served on continuous active status for at least 90 days. When the ending date is established for Persian Gulf War service, a minimum of 181 days of continuous active duty will be required for persons who did not have wartime service.



“Selected Reserve” means the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve of any of the Reserve components which consists of units and individuals who participate actively in paid training periods and serve on paid active duty for training each year.

National Guard (Selected Reserve) – (6) SIX YEAR REQUIREMENT

A veteran, who is not otherwise eligible, who completes a total of 6 years as a member of the Selected Reserve (need not be ordered to active duty) is eligible if he or she either:

The 6 years service need not be continuous nor in the same Reserve or National Guard unit. However, active duty regular military service cannot be combined with Reserve service to reach the 6 year requirement.

Others that may be elgible: ELIGIBILITY MAY ALSO BE ESTABLISHED for:

** Please Note: The VA has the final authority on issuing eligibility **

Leave a Reply