The loan process for a Reverse Mortgage Loan is easy. There are very few prerequisites to getting a Reverse Mortgage Loan:
- The home owner (borrower / titleholder(‘s)) of your home, must be at least age 62 or greater.
- You should have at least 40 to 50% of equity built up in your home. Our Reverse Mortgage Loan Expert(s) can help you analyze and determine if you qualify based on your particular circumstances.
- All existing liens on the property must be paid off at closing.
- The house being used for the Reverse Mortgage Loan MUST be your principal residence. Only the house that you live is allowed to be used for a reverse mortgage.
- Your home must meet HUD’s minimum property standards, but you can use your Reverse Mortgage Loan to pay for repairs that may be required
- Speaking with and getting a certificate of counseling from an approved Reverse Mortgage Loan counselor is also required. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) supervises counseling agencies that can work with you in person, or over the phone. We will can provide you with a list of authorized counselors as we help you with your Reverse Mortgage Loan transaction.
- Your home must be a single-family residence (property) in a 1- to 4-unit dwelling, or a HUD-approved condominium; some manufactured housing is eligible, but cooperatives and many mobile homes are not. Your residence must also be located in an eligible state where Reverse Mortgage products are offered.
- You Must agree to and make payments on your Property Taxes and your Home Owners Insurance each Year. If you don’t, the lender will foreclose on the property.
- You must keep your home in good order. If you don’t, the lender will foreclose on the property.
Income & Credit
Mortgagees are required to perform a thorough financial assessment of prospective borrowers, which includes, amongst others, a credit history analysis of foreclosures, defaults, late mortgage payments and late property charge payments.
We are a reverse mortgage broker in all areas of Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Texas & Utah.