What is an FHA Mortgage loan?
FHA stands for Federal Housing Administration (FHA) which is a governmental agency created in 1934 to improve housing standards and promote home ownership. The FHA insures FHA mortgage loans, which makes the loans less risky for lenders that underwrite and fund FHA mortgages. In turn, they offer better terms.
Why an FHA Loan
FHA mortgage loans offer flexible loan guidelines which allows more people to qualify.
Whether you have had credit challenges in the past or are simply looking to limit your down payment to 3.5%, an FHA loan might be an ideal home financing solution.
Bankruptcy time to wait guidelines: 2 YR’s since the Date of Discharge
Foreclosure: 3 YR’s since
Lower Interest Rates than other mortgage loan programs
FHA Mortgages offer lower interest rates than a conventional mortgage loan.
Why? Because they are insured by FHA (The Federal Housing Administration).
PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance)
FHA Mortgage Loans have mortgage Insurance, called PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance).
There are two types: 1) Upfront & Monthly.
The upfront PMI is rolled into the loan & the 2nd Is monthly, which is paid through your escrows, a part of your monthly mortgage payment.
PMI is in place in case a borrower defaults and the home is foreclosed on. FHA (The Federal Housing Administration) pays funds from the mortgage insurance pool of funds to the bank that owns the loan for losses on the loan that are incured. In short, it is a way to mitigate the risk for the banks, FHA & HUD in exchange for a low down payment and less restrictive guidelines to get a loan. It’s a give and take relationship to own a home.
Why Us for an FHA Loan?
We are the FHA loan experts. We have more FHA Lenders that we work with all across the US.
We have more flexibility of loan options for FHA loans and we offer better pricing options because we work with wholesale lenders.
This equates to more borrowers being helped and better pricing for our customers.
If you are buying a home and need an FHA home loan, we are here to help you.
There are several FHA mortgage loan options, including (*terms subject to change):
- FHA Purchase loans – If you are buying a home, your down payment can be as low as 3.5% of the price of the home. FHA also allows seller concessions up to 6% of your home purchase price. First time home buyers may also receive a tax credit of up to $8,000 and $6,500 for previous home owners (consult with your tax advisor for all the details).
- FHA refinance – Refinance up to 97.75% of your home value. The FHA even offers up to 85% cash-out, the highest amount of any our home loan programs.
- Debt Consolidation – If you are swamped with too many monthly payments – credit cards, personal loans, car payments, 2nd liens, and other debt – now may be the best time to consolidate that debt into a single mortgage payment using a FHA loan. Your single, consolidated payment may be much lower than the total amount of individual payments you are making now. Plus, the interest may be tax deductible (consult your tax advisor).
- FHA Streamline Refinance – Do you already have an FHA loan? If so, you may qualify for FHA refinancing with a lower rate and lower monthly payment. Best of all, there is very little paperwork involved and no new home appraisal is required.
- Manufactured and Mobile home loans – There are FHA mobile home loans available for mobile homes and manufactured homes.
FHA Loans are the most commonly used mortgage loan for first time home buyers to purchase a house in today’s market.
FHA Cash Out Refinance up to 85% of the appraised value of the home.
Contact one of our FHA specialists for an FHA mortgage loan.
We are the top FHA purchase mortgage loan lender experts for FHA purchase loans, FHA mortgage refinance mortgage loans, FHA mortgage cash loans (FHA mortgage cash out refinance loans) FHA Mortgage lender in Colorado, Florida, Texas & Utah.
Ben was so great to work with on our refinance. He went above and beyond to make sure it was done right and that everything was in place. We would highly recommend him to anyone.
Ben worked with us when we were buying a home and I was particularly impressed with how quickly he always responded, even at odd hours. He was a pleasure to work with and we have already recommended him to friends.
Ben was courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. He had our best interest at heart through our entire home buying process and never pressured us. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking to buy or refinance a home.